Caluwayan Palm Island Beach Resort offers a combination of picture worthy nature and man-made structures. It is located in Barangay Caluwayan, Marabut, Samar which is roughly just an hour away from Tacloban city. It lies in a secluded cove facing the San Pedro Bay with several rock islets seen from the beachfront. The resort started their operations on November 2005.
Things you need to know about Caluwayan Palm Island Beach Resort and Restaurant
- No credit card facilities and no nearby ATM – you need to bring cash.
- Bring your diving gears.
- If you are a rock climbing enthusiast, rock formations and islets pose a good challenge.
How to get there
By Air – From Manila or Cebu. Most airlines offer daily flights to Tacloban, the capital of Leyte. Daniel Z.Romualdez Airport is just an hour away from Manila.From Tacloban airport, take a 20-minute jeepney ride to Downtown. Ask the driver to drop you at Savemore. From there, you can ride a multi-cab to New Bus Terminal. At the Terminal, ride a van to Guiuan for ₱70 to ₱100 depending on how you lobby with the driver.
By Land – Buses from Manila have daily trips to Tacloban via Allen. If you come from the south, buses and air-con vans have daily trips passing thru to Tacloban.
By Water – From Cebu, you can take a boat to Ormoc City. From there, you can ride buses and air-con vans to Tacloban.
- Single Superior – ₱ 2,300 (good for 2 pax)
- Single Deluxe – ₱2,500(good for 2 pax)
- Superior – ₱ 4,000(good for 4 pax)
- Deluxe – ₱ 3,300(good for 2 pax)
- Deluxe Suite – ₱ 3,500(good for 2 pax)
- Family Room – ₱ 4,600(good for 5 pax)
- Beach Villa – ₱ 5,100(good for 5 pax can accommodate up to 7 for Php 600/person)
- Check-in time 2:00 PM. Check out time 12:00 NN. Charges on succeeding hour(s) apply.
- Adult rates apply to 10 years old above.
- Rates are inclusive of service charge and government taxes.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Complimentary breakfast for 2 persons ONLY.
- Complimentary mineral water (replenished daily).
- Luxurious sea view accommodation, air condition, cable TV, hot & cold shower (except Single, Superior & Single Deluxe Rooms), mini-bar (for Beach Villas), bathroom amenities and private balcony in each room. (except Single Superior room).
- Access to the resort’s amenities (infinity swimming pool, beach cottage, 30-minute boat ride – upon availability).
Swimming Pool Rates
- Adult: ₱ 200
- Child (10 years old below): ₱ 175
- Proper swimming attire is strictly a MUST.
- ₱ 20
- Kayak Single – ₱ 200 per hour
- Kayak Double – ₱350 per hour
- Pump boat – ₱ 500 per hour, good for 4 pax
- Paddled Boat – ₱ 150 per hour, good for 2 pax
- Bistro Bar
- Beach Cottages – ₱ 500 per day
Mobile: +63 977-3545692
Here are the photos I took during our stay.
Check out the video I created about our stay here:
If you like this post. Please click share because sharing is sexy!